Health Benefits for Mindfulness in Meditation
Presented by: Christian Adams,
Certified Meditation Teacher, Marshall University Med Student
Friday, October 28, 2015, at 12:30 a.m.
Mental Health Workshop for Recreational Therapists
at River Park Hospital, in Huntington, WV
A Review by Danny Pettry
Goals of this session included:
· Identify at least three evidence d based research outcomes of mindfulness meditation
· Identify the requirements for meeting basic competencies in order to provide mindfulness mediation as a Recreation Therapy treatment intervention under the supervision and recommendation of an attending physician.
I personally enjoyed this session a lot. I heard a lot of good comments about it as well.
I believe this is the site where he received his training: http://mcleanmeditation.com/==============================================
Take Danny Pettry's Self-Study Course:
Mindfulness: Techniques for stress management and healthier living
- TR Knowledge Area:
- Practice of Therapeutic Recreation/ Recreation Therapy: using mindfulness training as a stress management intervention
- Five (5) Clock Hours or (0.5) CEUs. Notice ten (10) Clock Hours = 1.0 CEUs
- Course Objective: Independent self-study learner will demonstrate an awareness of using mindfulness training as an intervention as evidenced by reading Gill Hasson’s (2013) Mindfulness: be mindful/ live in the moment and passing an online written exam with a score of at least 70% or better within a one-year timeframe.