Important Links

Rec Therapy Today has moved. It is not hosted at a wordpress site.
click here: http://www.RecTherapyToday.wordpress.com
Need CEUs? Go here:
http://www.dannypettry.com/courses.html

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Law of Attraction


The Law of Attraction is something I really like to study and attempt to apply.  Of course, as a Rec. Therapist - I don't directly teach it. There are parts of it that I do teach including: change your thoughts (Cog. Beh. Therapy) and focus on gratitude/ appreciation (DBT skills)
Here is my review of Esther and Jerry Hicks: Money, and the Law of attraction (2008) DVD.
Esther and Jerry Hicks are two of the leading experts on the Law of Attraction (LOA).
I believe the original The Secret DVD (based on LOA) had featured a small part with them. (I’m not sure on that fact).
This DVD consists of Esther Hicks giving a presentation on stage to an audience about this topic.
Here are some of my favorite quotes (not perfectly quoted) and I have added my thoughts to them as well:
·         You’re a creator. You choose what to focus on. (and you bring more of it into your awareness).
·         By knowing what you don’t want – you also know what you do want: the secret is to focus on what you do want opposed to dwelling on what you do not want.
·         Jesus said turn the other cheek. Esther added: turn away from (negative thinking about what you do not want) and turn your focus and attention on what you do want.
·         I know what I don’t want and I know what I do want. I must align myself with what I do want.
·         You can’t set your radio dial on [one channel] and expect to hear what is being played on [a different channel]. Turn into the thoughts and beliefs that are in alignment of what you want opposed to what you do not want.
·         She gives examples of wars against poverty or xyz and as a result it brings more awareness of poverty and xyz. I’d add that instead of having a war against what you don’t want (which brings more of that)… focus more power and attention on what you DO WANT like wealth and abc.
·         Danny P. - Fun Activity Idea: Make a list of everything that could go right in your life. Create a list of everything that you’d really like to see happen. Create a list of things that make you happy. Focus more on those things.
·         When people focus on the negatives they might say, “I’m only telling it like it is.” Esther said: “Stop This.” And added: do you really like it like it is? If not, you can change your thoughts to something else: what you do want.
·         Negative emotions are a good thing. They let you know when you’re not in a vibrational match. We don’t’ want you to ignore the bad feelings. You need to know that your emotions are letting you know you’re not happy with what is going on.
·         Answer: What do you want? Why do you want it?
·         I like how she told one female in the audience that there may very well be teachers who are financially well-off. Danny P. -- I’d like to say: Jack Canfield was once a teacher. I’d also like to add that one teacher became a millionaire from selling her worksheets on teachers-pay-teachers web-site.
·         Take action on what feels in alignment with what makes you feel happy.
 
Who would like this DVD?
People who want to improve their life and change their thinking.
It must be really applied (100%) and can’t be (50% applied). It can’t be sarcastic. It can’t be filled with doubts. It must be filled with real heart-focused attention on what you do want and be in alignment with that.
 
Here are some books:
The Power of Emotions is one of my top 10 favorite books:



Here are a few more books:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews