The Montana State Hospital is currently recruiting for 2 Recreational Therapists to join our Department. One position will be on a newly transitioned living area. Please feel free to post on RT specific sites as well as to share with interested and qualified applicants. Candidates may inquire also with Beth Eastman, CTRS, Rehabilitation Department Director at 406-693-7145.
Recreation Therapist - (15142959)
The recreation therapist helps patients build resiliency and life skills. Other responsibilities include: 1) Interviewing and observing patients to assess physical and mental status, capabilities, and interests, rehabilitation needs and plans appropriate interventions; 2) Designing and developing treatment programs and interventions addressing patients assessed needs; and 3) Developing treatment goals and evaluating patients progress toward goals and revises goals as needed.
Required for the first day of work:
· Knowledge of recreation therapy interventions and practices.
· Knowledge of psychology, human behavior and development.
· Knowledge of individual and group therapy principles.
· Knowledge of recreational activities and related equipment.
· Knowledge of mental illness, chemical dependency, traumatic brain injury, developmental disabilities; medical and physical disabilities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to write reports and make oral presentations.
· Ability to operate personal computer and general office equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, including using spreadsheets, word processing, database, email, internet, and other computer programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
· Bachelor’s degree in therapeutic recreation.
· One year recreation therapist experience.
· Completion of approved recreation therapist internships may substitute for the one year of required experience.
· National Council for Therapeutic Recreation certification is required within one year of employment.
Applicant Pool Statement: If another department vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may be used for the selection. Training Assignment: This agency may use a training assignment. Employees in training assignments may be paid below the base pay established by the agency pay rules. Conditions of the training assignment will be stated in writing at the time of hire.
Salary: $ 17.50 - 18.38 Hourly
Benefits Package Eligibility: Health Insurance, Paid Leave & Holidays, Retirement Plan
Shift: Day Job
Primary Location: Warm Springs
Agency: Department of Public Health & Human Services Union: Montana Education Association and Montana Federation of Teachers (MEA-MFT)
Bargaining Unit: 024 - MEA-MFT -MSH -Prof
Posting Date: Dec 17, 2015, 8:15:29 AM
Closing Date (based on your computer's timezone): Ongoing
Required Application Materials: Resume, Transcripts
Contact Name: Todd Thun | Contact Email: email@example.com | Conta