Important Links

Rec Therapy Today has moved. It is not hosted at a wordpress site.
click here: http://www.RecTherapyToday.wordpress.com
Need CEUs? Go here:
http://www.dannypettry.com/courses.html

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Spoiler Alert: we all die.

My good friend, Ashlee Smith is a physician.
She recently posted this article on her facebook and I had to share it with the Rec. Therapists who follow my blog:

 
Recently, I've been watching a DVD with Deepak Chopra and Marilyn Schlitz titled, "Death Makes Life Possible: transforming the fear of death into an inspiration for living."

I had pre-ordered that DVD from a kickstater project.
 
Here is a link for the book by Marilyn Schlitz:
 



My pet favorite theory is existentialism.  So, naturally, I study and read a lot about death and dying, and especially the existential crisis.
Existentialism asks: who are you? What is the purpose of your life? What is your mission in life? What is the meaning of life? What is your meaning in life? Have you lived a life worthwhile?

Here is a book by Victor Frankl about existentialism, that you may want to read:

I often think of existentialism when listening to Lee Ann Womack's I hope you dance



And the big question: what happens after death? I don't know the answer to that.

I do suggest reading Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon--Survival of Bodily Death



Added Comment on July 11, 2014:

 I’m currently reading “Alaska” a novel by John Green (author of," Fault in our Stars"). The character, Pudge, in the book, remember famous people’s last quote. William McKinley, the third American president to be assassinated lived several days after he was shot. His crying wife said, “I want to go, too! I want to go, too!” McKinley turned to her and spoke his last words: “We are all going.” Danny: not sure if those were really McKinley's last words or not, but it was in this novel and I thought about your post today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews